Since the day my mom taught me how to braid, I have been constantly experimenting with new hairstyles. Over the years I have enjoyed recreating unique styles from my favorite movies. The iconic Katniss braid from The Hunger Games for example was always one of my favorite styles as a teen. But I’ve always had an urge to learn and create more unique hairdos. For the past few years I have had a pixie cut however and was not able to braid my hair. But this past year I have been growing my hair out and just recently it is getting long enough to braid again. The other day I was searching online for something new and creative to do with my hair. That’s when I came upon a video tutorial for a Suspended Infinity Braid. After viewing the tutorial, I decided I would like to give this braid a try. Today I will be showing you step by step how to do a Suspended Infinity Braid.
• First take all the hair and brush it back. Then section off a small portion in the front and split it into 3 equal pieces.
• Next take the piece of hair on the right (3) and place it over the middle piece (2).
•Then take the piece of hair on the left (1) and place it over the middle piece (3) as well.
• Now take the piece on the far right (2) and set it down across the forehead. ( You will only take the piece on the far right for the first stitch. When you repeat these steps you will always take the middle piece, cross it under the far right piece, and place it across the forehead)
• Then section off a piece of hair from the area around your forming braid and cross it over to the middle.
• You should now have 3 strands of hair again in your braid. Now go back to the piece (2) that was left out and add it to the piece of hair on the far right (1).
• The next steps are a repeat of steps 3-5 except it will be on the left side of the head.
• Take the piece in the middle (NEW) and cross it under the far left piece (3) and place it across the forehead.
• Section off a piece of hair from the area of your braid and cross it over to the middle. Then go back to the piece that was left out (NEW) and add it to the piece of hair on the far left (3).
• Once you finish the left side, the first stich of the braid has now been created. You will now continue repeating steps 3-9, going back and forth between the right and left side.
• Once you reach the desired length for your braid, you can either finish it off with a normal 3 strand braid, create a bun, or put into a pony tail.
THE FINAL PRODUCT: